Why you should be derma rolling:
You may be wondering, “How in the world is inserting hundreds of little needles into your face a good idea? And why would anyone want to do that?” It sounds crazy, but micro-needling has a ton of benefits, including:
- reduced wrinkles and stretch marks
- reduced acne scarring and skin discoloration
- increased skin thickness
- facial rejuvenation
- enhanced product absorption
- Stimulates hair follicle growth and improves thinning hair
For anyone who’s looking for a way to tackle these concerns at home, micro-needling is your answer. Here’s what you need to know about this miraculous process.
So how does derma rolling work?
Dermarolling works by creating microscopic wounds that induce collagen and elastin production. If you didn't know, collagen is the most abundant protein found in the human body and is responsible for holding together connective tissue like skin, muscles, tendons, cartilage, and bones. This lovely protein is also what keeps us looking young and gorgeous. Unfortunately, collagen production slows down by about 1% per year after the age of 20, which translates to the big A word — ageing. Despite how terrifying dermarolling may seem, it's actually considered a minimally invasive procedure with no downtime. Our 6 in one roller includes 3 roller heads (.5mm - 1mm - 1.5mm and a 1mm stamp). They have been specially designed for home use and are safe, convenient and easy to use.
HOW TO USE THE DERMA ROLLER:
- Step 1: Disinfect your roller. Disinfect your derma roller by letting it soak in surgical spirits for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Wash your Face. Thoroughly cleanse your face using a gentle pH-balanced cleanser. (Our Aloe Chamomile cleanser is wonderful).
- Step 3: Begin derma rolling. The technique is very important, so listen closely! Splitting up your face into sections makes the whole process easier. Roll in one direction 6 to 8 times, depending on your skin tolerance and sensitivity, and make sure to lift the roller after each pass. So, roll in one direction. Lift up. Repeat. Lift the derma roller after each pass. After you roll in the same place 6 to 8 times, adjust the derma roller slightly, and repeat. Do this until you've covered the entire section of skin you're treating. After rolling in one direction, it's time to go back over the area you just rolled and repeat the process in the perpendicular direction. For example, say you finished rolling across your forehead vertically, now would be the time to go back and repeat that entire process horizontally. By the end of this entire procedure, you should have rolled over each area 12 to 16 times — 6 to 8 horizontally, 6 to 8 vertically.
- Step 5: Wash your face with water. After you're done microneedling, rinse your face with water only.
- Step 6: Clean your Derma Roller. Clean your derma roller with dishwasher soap. Create a soapy water mix in a plastic container, then swish around the roller vigorously, making sure the roller doesn't hit the sides. The reason we use detergents like dish soap directly after rolling is because alcohol doesn’t dissolve the proteins found in skin and blood.
- Step 7: Disinfect your Derma Roller. Disinfect your roller again by letting it soak in a surgical spirit solution for for 10 minutes. Put it back in its case, give it a kiss, and store it somewhere safe.
- Step 8: Nourish and treat your skin with your favourite Hey Gorgeous Products. Cross channels in your skin created by the roller allow for improved product penetration so this is a great time to treat your skin with your favourite serum or mask.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU DERMA ROLL?
How often you derma roll also depends on the length of needles you’ll be using. Below is the maximum amount of times you can use a derma roller within a given time frame.
0.5 mm 1 to 3 times a week (starting with less)
1.0 mm every 10 to 14 days
1.5 mm once every 3 to 4 weeks
Rebuilding collagen is a slow process so patience is key. Expect to see results in a few weeks and best of all - results are cumulative, so stay consistent, roll regularly and you'll be delighted with results.
USING YOUR DERMA ROLLER TO IMPROVE HAIR GROWTH:
If you’re already a pro with at-home derma rolling, you can apply pretty much the same facial technique to your scalp. Wet the hair down first to create a flat surface, and start by rolling in one direction first to avoid getting hair caught in the roller. Once you feel confident, you can roll in the opposite direction also, applying only light pressure. Micro needle your scalp just once a week for the first month, then twice a week in the second month. After two months, once-monthly treatments are all you need for upkeep.
Follow this with our Jamaican Black Castor and Chia Seed Serum.
Our 6 in 1 Roller kit includes our Banish and Repair Serum (Acne marks and scars) - 30ml
All of our natural & organic products are lovingly made by hand. This means that occasionally you may notice slight colour variances when comparing to our product pictures.
Our PET recycled packaging may differ to what is displayed here, depending on our suppliers, but sizes will always remain constant.
Finally, we’re improving on our formulas! Our website is up to date with the latest ingredient lists, but please note that our labels are a work in progress. If you’re uncertain, please don’t hesitate to get in contact: firstname.lastname@example.org